Saturday, May 14, 2011

On The Labors of Reading

For those of you driven by fate, chance or bad luck who wind up at this blog I hope you are not being scared off by the length of my posts. When I first started this blog a couple of years ago I mostly wrote short stuff but lately I've been getting carried away and they have gotten longer and longer. My apologies!

I remember when I used to assign my students a new book or reading, the first thing they would do is flip the pages to get a feel for how long it was. Sound familiar? I am guilty of that too.

One of my college professors was fond of saying that all good literature was necessarily difficult to read, but that the reward was always greater than the work you expended reading it.

So, don't be put off. Read some of my entries and some ought to be worth your time!

No comments: